fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Diferent commands on diferent hosts

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Diferent commands on diferent hosts
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:57:35 -0500

Hi Jordi,

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM, Jordi Funollet <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suspect my question is related with the
> Capistrano-like roles feature that's been discussed before, but I'm not sure
> what the plans are about it.

Unless I missed a recent change in git, this is correct: we haven't
gotten the "roles/hosts" setup advanced enough to deal with connecting
to >1 set of hosts within the same session. This is partly due to time
constraints and partly due to it being both nontrivial to implement
(IIRC) and because it's a slight edge case: most people do tend to
equate a single invocation of 'fab' with a single list of hosts.

We do definitely want to get this in place, though, so keep an eye on
the ML here. Can't promise a timeline but I think it's pretty high on
the todo list :)

Thanks,
Jeff