fab-user

[Fab-user] Running commands on multiple servers in a command

From: Peter Sheats
Subject: [Fab-user] Running commands on multiple servers in a command
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:46:44 -0400

Maybe this is possible but I'm not understanding how to do this.

Server 1 is the webserver
Server 2 is the media server

My deployment strategy requires doing something on both to deploy.  However, what i do on Server 2 is dependent on information I find from Server 1.

I want to run 'fab live deploy' and do the following:

def deploy():
    run("stuff on server1")
    value = run("value based on info from Server 1")
    # now, based on value from server 1
    run("commands on server2")
    #whole project successfully deployed now

Am I not understanding something or is this use-case not supported?

Peter