fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Re: HEAD broken?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Re: HEAD broken?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:48:24 -0400

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'll see if I can find a way to eliminate both problems, I suspect
> this may be due to sending over an empty password, which is something
> we could catch beforehand. I'll let you know if/when I get a fix out,
> which will be soon as this is pretty egregious.

OK, just pushed a fix for this.

I was right about the root cause, and sadly I don't see an
elegant/foolproof way of detecting whether a user has working
public-key auth, before the fact. Paramiko's internals weren't clean
enough for me to get that info out of it without doing serious
monkeypatching or running some state-changing code twice in a row; so
I settled for checking the common case of "SSHException, and we have
an empty env.password". With luck this isn't just creating more edge
cases.

Please let me know if this fixes it for you; it seemed to work as
expected for me with both my ssh-agent on, and with it off (i.e. the
remote system wanting a password out of me).

Best,
Jeff