fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Trouble authenticating with ssh key

From: Erik Wickstrom
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Trouble authenticating with ssh key
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:03:49 -0700

Hi Jeff,

It's working for me now!!  Thanks for your help!

Erik

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Just spent some time poking around and figured this out; just pushed a
fix. You'll now see a prompt asking for your SSH key passphrase
instead of seeing the "regular" password prompt.

Long story short, this was due to oddball behavior on Paramiko's end,
end result being that we don't have to change our actual auth logic
any, but are able to figure out when Paramiko is complaining about not
being able to unlock your private key, vs when it wants a normal
system password -- and prompt you accordingly.

Best,
Jeff

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Erik Wickstrom <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yup, no luck with env.user or hosts = ['address@hidden'] -- no difference.
>
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM, John Stallings <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>>
>> i am using fab with ec2 with the same type of setup.   Did you set the
>> env.user to the correct user for that key? If you have feel free to ignore
>> the suggestion :)
>>
>> On May 21, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Erik Wickstrom wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm running the trunk release of 0.0.9 and having trouble authenticating
>>> with an ssh key.
>>>
>>> When I run "fab -i ~/ec2-keys/id_django-keypair production flash" instead
>>> of the key being used, I'm prompted for a password to login.  This key works
>>> fine when I "ssh -i ..." to my server.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?  I'm fine with either an -i option or a path variable
>>> in my fabfile.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Erik