fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Dropped output messages?

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Dropped output messages?
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:29:16 -0400

Hi Evan,

I don't see anything obviously wrong with what you're doing, and it's
entirely possible there are some bugs floating around in the output
thread mechanisms somewhere. Do you notice any patterns? I.e. is it
always the same system that has the issue or does it vary?

I haven't run any serious multi-system jobs with this newer Fabric
version myself, so I'll try to run some tests along these lines to see
if I can replicate the problem. Will let you know the results when I
do this.

In the meantime, though, as I said -- if you could try switching your
host list around, or simply running this a number of times in a row
and see if any obvious patterns appear, that might help. Feel free to
throw debug statements into fabric.network.output_thread() to see what
might be going on, too, as that's inevitably how I'll be debugging on
my end if I need to :)

Best,
Jeff