fab-user

[Fab-user] Pull production version number and download URL from python.o

From: s s
Subject: [Fab-user] Pull production version number and download URL from python.org?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 20:57:40 -0400

Hi!

I realize this is a little off-topic, but it's for a good cause; a new recipe!

I'm writing a Fabric recipe for pulling down and installing the latest production version of Python if it's not already on the system. I'll put it up on the wiki when I'm done.

Does anyone know how to get the current production version in the 2.6.x line from the python.org website?

So far, all I've come up with is going to http://www.python.org/download/releases/ , pulling out the sentence "The current production versions are...", parsing out the version number, searching further in the page for the download link, and so on.

Is there something I can query on the python.org site like "production version 2.x series" and "download link to source of production version" type thing?

Thanks,

aka/Steve Steiner