fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] New --noexecute command line parameter

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] New --noexecute command line parameter
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 17:30:36 -0400

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Steve Steiner
(listsin)<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey!
>
>        I was just working on the modifications discussed lately on the list
> for modifying the env.hosts list from the config file and got annoyed with
> having to hit the actual servers to test, so...

Might want to check the list history, we went over something like this
about a month ago ;)

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/fab-user/2009-06/msg00052.html

Yours is slightly different, in that it attempts to dry-run at a
higher level. This may or may not be how we do it eventually, though I
think having it supported at the operation level (as with Jorge's
idea) could be more useful as it would give more information. Tradeoff
is that it takes a bit more reorganizing/work to do that correctly.

Regardless of how it's implemented, as mentioned in that older message
my plan is to have this sort of feature in for 1.0 :)

Best,
Jeff