fab-user

[Fab-user] Collecting output when using Fabric directly in python

From: Yann Malet
Subject: [Fab-user] Collecting output when using Fabric directly in python
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 13:53:38 -0400

Hello,

I have been unable to far to come up with a solution to collect output when using a Fabric directly from python. My use case is relatively simple I would like to execute a Fabric task directly from python and collect the outputs in python variables.

Calling a task seems to be relatively straightforward  it looks like :
import fabfile
# Execute the task called hello_world
fabfile.hello_world()

I would like to collect the information sent to stdout and stderr in 2 python variables to be able to use them in my own application. You can find more information about the context of this question here : http://bitbucket.org/yml/fabric_factory/src/75643c4eed32/src/worker/__init__.py#cl-36

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
--yml