fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Can I pass in information from the command-line to my fu

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Can I pass in information from the command-line to my functions?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:56:59 -0400

If I read you right this is another "I really need to get my docstrings more
visible in the prose docs" issue that should be solved by my upcoming doc
sprint. You seem to be wanting task arguments:
http://docs.fabfile.org/0.9/api/main.html#fabric.main.parse_arguments

For example:

    from fabric.api import run

    def upgrade_webapp(revision):
        run('git checkout -b %s origin/%s' % (revision, revision))

Executed as:

    $ fab upgrade_webapp:rev14

or:

    $ fab upgrade_webapp:revision=rev14