fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Running a fabric script over a SOCKS proxy?]

From: Morgan Goose
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Running a fabric script over a SOCKS proxy?]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:23:49 -0400

Forwarding to the list
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Running a fabric script over a SOCKS proxy? Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:19:40 +0100
On 10 May 2011 14:14, Morgan Goose <address@hidden> wrote:
> You're most likely going to have to shell out to local. I can't see paramiko
> supporting that if it doesn't support agent forwarding, or tunnels.
>
> goose
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:18:39AM +0100, James Turnbull wrote:
>> I have a SOCKS proxy setup to a gateway server which is created by setting
>> up a host definition in myssh_config to use DynamicForward localhost:9876.
>> To connect with SSH to the remote server I've setup another host definition
>> to use ProxyCommand /usr/bin/nc -x localhost:9876 %h %pwhich is all working
>> fine.
>>
>> However my fabric script needs to connect to that remote server. How can I
>> tell it to use the SOCKS proxy when it connects?
>>
>> Thanks,

I think you'd have to use something like paraproxy to be able to do
that but you'll have to work that into your Fabric instance somehow.
That supports SSH(2) proxying support.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/paraproxy

HTH

Cheers,