fab-user

[Fab-user] multi-commands on multiple-hosts, work around for older scrip

From: Chris Steel
Subject: [Fab-user] multi-commands on multiple-hosts, work around for older scripts...
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:18:35 -0400

Gee wiz,

It looks like I have once again put off all of my multi-host multi-fabfile multi-command consolidation work by using the fabric run command to run a diverse set of fabric commands.

Chalk that one up to walking the dog, blistering heat and a Homer Simpson like state of grace...

def cook_complicated_new_dish_with_diverse_leftovers(p_name="sunstroke_salad"):
    '''
    '''
    with cd('ontogeny2'):
        run('fab host:repo hg_repo_create:name="%s"' % p_name)
        run('fab host:dev hg_package_clone:package="%s",version="tip"' % p_name)
        and so on and so forth...

Not recommended for the faint of heart... nor the production server for the moment! Anyone have any idea if this is likely to blow up?

Thanks,

Christopher Steel.

--
Christopher Steel