fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 1.2.0 broken on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 1.2.0 broken on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 14:38:22 -0700

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Michael Bravo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
> I then thought to make the leap from my
> old (< 1.0) fabric and upgraded to 1.2.0
>
> <snip>
>
> On the surface, it looks like that same old pty bug I reported a while
> ago (around 1.0)

I think you're conflating things here -- the issue is likely not Lion
but upgrading from pre-1.0 to post-1.0 Fabric. (N.B. this is why it's
rarely a good idea to upgrade multiple things at once without testing
at each step of the way ;) makes it much harder to figure out what
broke what else!)

The pty bug hasn't been patched yet, so 1.2.0 does not contain any fixes for it.

If you could share the snippet of Fabric code generating the errors,
and how you are invoking it, that might help give us another use case
for the bug, which is here:

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/303

Thanks,
Jeff