fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Detach grinder java process in fab.

From: pat flaherty
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Detach grinder java process in fab.
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:52:55 -0700

Thanks Jan - this looks quite useful.  The Fabric faq did mention daemonizing the process to be detached and this gives me an easy way to do that.

Pat

On 8/24/2011 11:20 PM, Jan Vlčinský (CAD) wrote:
Hi
I would try zdaemon script, http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zdaemon/2.0.4
I use it to turn my python scripts into services on Linux and like the comfort of
  1. creation of start/stop/status/showrelog/restart script in just a few lines
  2. direct command like "mydeamonizedscript start"
  3. interactive console to do all the actions
  4. option to check content of the running log file.
For your use case, I would check, what is returned result code and set zdaemon so that it does not restart the script, if it returns expected status code.

Jan
Ing. Jan Vlčinský
CAD programy
Slunečnicová 338/3, 734 01 Karviná Ráj, Czech Republic
tel: +420-597 602 024; mob: +420-608 979 040
skype: janvlcinsky; GoogleTalk: address@hidden
http://cz.linkedin.com/in/vlcinsky