fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] The `plugin_env` should be an ``Environment`` instance th

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] The `plugin_env` should be an ``Environment`` instance that contains pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pycrypto 2.0.1 (/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages), Requirement.parse('pycrypto>=2.1'))
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 13:47:46 -0700

Hi Nilesh,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Nilesh <address@hidden> wrote:
> On a freshly installed ubuntu LTS 10.04.3 server I am getting errors
> and I would appreciate help in understanding how to resolve. Thanks
> and much appreciated.
>
> <snip>
>
> pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pycrypto 2.0.1
> (/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages),
> Requirement.parse('pycrypto>=2.1'))

Paramiko recently changed its requirements (I think as of 1.7.7.x) to
require PyCrypto 2.1 or greater. It looks like you've got PyCrypto
2.0.1 installed, either from an earlier setup of Fabric or for some
other package?

What does 'pip freeze' show you in that virtualenv?

Alternately, try making a "clean" virtualenv with 'mkvirtualenv
--no-site-packages <name>' and reinstall Fabric in there -- this will
especially help if my guess was right and you've got a pre-existing
PyCrypto in your global site-packages.

Please let us know if any of that helps narrow it down.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier