fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Passing host IP addresses to Fabric tasks from other Pyth

From: Samuli Seppänen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Passing host IP addresses to Fabric tasks from other Python classes
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:36:13 +0300

> I'd definitely try again with 1.2 or master, as there have been at
> least some improvements re: using as a library, as well as bugfixes.
> If it still fails, I'd be interested to know how. Threading is a bit
> sketchy as Fabric relies heavily on shared module state right now
> (this is one reason parallelism is using multiprocessing) but your
> problem *could* conceivably be something else.
Just a brief update... I upgraded to the "19-parallel-execution" branch,
after which I could use Fabric as a library. However, Fabric threads
still stepped on each other's toes, e.g. simultaneous "put" failed in
all except one thread. So, I changed the approach and made each
"configurer" thread launch a separate Fabric process, after which things
have worked just great!

Thanks for the help, Jeff!

Samuli