fab-user

[Fab-user] Problem with cygwin and UNC path permissions

From: Thomas Coopman
Subject: [Fab-user] Problem with cygwin and UNC path permissions
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:37:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm having some problems with fabric running on linux and connecting to windows Server 2008 r2 where I run sshd over cygwin-openssh.
Most of the things run great, except everything where I try to run/connect to UNC paths on the windows server.

For example:
something like run("net use '\\unc\share' /user:thomas") will give me "The network name cannot be found.
If I use ssh to connect to the server of the run config with the same user this works fine.

I've already asked this question some time ago on serverfault but I got no response. I hope someone here knows what the problem is.
http://serverfault.com/questions/389150/fabric-and-cygwin-dont-work-with-windows-unc-paths

Some more info:
Fabric runs on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Python 2.7.3, Fabric=1.4.2, pycrypto=2.5, ssh=1.7.14

Thanks

--
Thomas Coopman
address@hidden