fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] FTP deploy

From: Ronan Amicel
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] FTP deploy
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 18:47:12 +0100

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Felipe Mesquita de Oliveira <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Gyus...

I've been reading the DOC's and couldn't find nothing about deploying to and FTP server.

The scene is as follow:
I fave a Django app that I deploy to a server through ssh. That's ok, Fabric would automate it.
But the static files of this project, I'm hosting on other server (on a static.mydomain.com host). To this server I do not have access through sFTP/SSH.
Is there an option for Fabric automatically send theses files?

I guess you can either upload them using Python's ftplib [1], or you can use fabric to run a local shell command, such as ncfptput [2], to upload those files.

Hope this helps,

[1] http://docs.python.org/2/library/ftplib.html
[2] http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/doc/ncftpput.html

--