fab-user

[Fab-user] Running a remote command with sudo

From: Tim T.
Subject: [Fab-user] Running a remote command with sudo
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:48:42 +0100

Hi,

  Just started using fabric.. Finding it very easy and intuitive so far.

However, I'm getting a bit stuck on the following:

I want to install software remotely, using some python scripting. I can create a user and allow all commands through sudo. However, I don't want to leave this account as an available login for others.

Setting the shell to /sbin/nologin stops the sudo command from executing. Using /bin/false and /bin/true also don't work.

Any suggestions ? This is on RHEL6 by the way.

Thanks,

  TimT.