fab-user

[Fab-user] Rsync_project in 1.5.1

From: Carl E. Ma
Subject: [Fab-user] Rsync_project in 1.5.1
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:19:45 -0500

Hello,

Is anyone using rsync_project to collect log files from multiple remote servers?

Our remote server list is generated as a yaml file from central db. I use
fabric to read in the list, assign each host to env.host_string, then run
rsync_project to copy customized log file list from each server.

Problem I experienced is rsync_project does not take value from host_string
variable and keeps reporting no host defined. I can use os.system() to run
rsync, but just wonder what I missed when use rsync_project.

Thanks in advance,

Carl