fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Rsync_project in 1.5.1

From: 686f6c6d
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Rsync_project in 1.5.1
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 21:31:50 +0100

Greetings,

please note you forgot to provide a (sanitized) log of an actual
fabric run containing the verbatim error message and possible
traceback, so it is very hard for us to debug your problem.

However, from the way you add "userXXX@" to env.host_string in your
os.system call, I assume your host_string is just missing the user
portion[0][1][2]. Unless it is identical to your local username, this
will be a problem since local_username is the default value for the
remote username[3][4].

[0]: The docs (http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.3/usage/env.html#host-string)
could be a bit clearer on that, and are lacking examples. I haven't
verified it recently, but the way I understand and use it in my code,
basically,
    [code]env.host_string = env.user + '@' + env.host[/code].
[1]: https://github.com/fabric/fabric/blob/master/fabric/network.py#L199
[2]: https://github.com/fabric/fabric/blob/master/fabric/network.py#L177
[3]: http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.3/usage/env.html#user
[4]: http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.4.3/usage/env.html#local-user

--
Kind regards
    Christopher 'm4z' Holm / 686f6c6d

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense
and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is
beautiful and his children smart." --H. L. Mencken