fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How to pass parameters to new-style tasks when using fabr

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How to pass parameters to new-style tasks when using fabric.api.execute?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:14:42 -0800

Hi Steve,

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Stephen Nesbitt
<address@hidden> wrote:
> All:
>
> What is the correct way to define a new-style task with parameters that can be
> called via the execute command.

I think you may have been mislead by the docs for execute(), when it
says "other args passed verbatim into 'task'" it meant the task
function in question, not the @task decorator. I'm gonna change that
example now, because it's pretty stupid :(

I.e. you need to define your hello() function normally, as def
hello(param1, param2), then it'll work.

Best,
Jeff

--