fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] "Other users are logged in" messages being captured by ru

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] "Other users are logged in" messages being captured by run()
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:31:10 -0800

Chopping out the offending text is certainly one option, but it's more
addressing the symptom; I'd guess the root cause is something in
Chris' shell login files (or the global ones they may source) calling
'who' or whatnot.

If that is the case then you'd have to figure out which is more
important, having that run when you log in by hand, or having clean
output when scripting SSH connections to the server (as w/ Fabric).
You could also try setting env.use_shell = False to disable the shell
wrapper, which would then skip those login files (at the cost of
possibly losing some shell niceties for more complex commands).

Best,
Jeff