fab-user

[Fab-user] Fwd: Re: Fab fails to run for certain users

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: [Fab-user] Fwd: Re: Fab fails to run for certain users
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 01:01:15 -0500

Neglected to reply to all.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Brandon Whaley" <address@hidden>
Date: Feb 18, 2013 1:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fab fails to run for certain users
To: "Edgar DeLoa" <address@hidden>

Hey Edgar, does the other user have a valid shell program like bash?

On Feb 18, 2013 12:40 AM, "Edgar DeLoa" <address@hidden> wrote:
When I run fabric as a certain user (root or my main sudo login), everything runs fine.  However, when running as another user (tried both sudo and not sudo), I get the following message:

Fatal error: run() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing <MY_COMMAND_HERE>

The way I specify which user it runs as is with 'env.user' in the fabfile.  I run the fabfile like so:  fab -H localhost -f myFabFile.py FunctionToRun

Is there some sort of permission issue here?  Do I need to grant certain users permission to run fab?

Thanks,
Edgar