fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Controlling output with remote git commands

From: Ronan Amicel
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Controlling output with remote git commands
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:22:50 +0100

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Carlton Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:

I have a deploy task which begins with a remote `git pull` — It has _quite a lot_ of output...
[...]
The issue here is the progress counter not replacing the previous output as it would normally.

I can use the hide() context manager to hide stdout for the `git pull` but I'd quite like the _normal_ output if possible. Is there a way of telling fabric to do-the-right-thing™?

(If there isn't, where might one begin looking if one wanted to add such a thing?)

You may try either of the following:
- adding the --no-progress option to the git pull command
- adding the pty=False option to the Frabric run() operation

Hope this helps,

--
Ronan Amicel