fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] How set shell to none

From: Zhigang Wang
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] How set shell to none
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 19:16:13 -0700

Thanks.

Currently I hit this: http://net-ssh.lighthouseapp.com/projects/36253/tickets/32-sun-ilom-wont-accept-commands-even-after-successful-login

Maybe a ILOM bug, but they have workaround:

Doesnt' work:

$ ssh -t address@hidden "show /SYS"
Warning: Permanently added 'ca-dev33m,10.211.2.238' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
Password:
shell: Invalid credentials

Connection to ca-dev33m closed.

Works:

$ echo "show /SYS" | ssh -T address@hidden

How to clone the same behavior in fabric?

Using our fabric:

# python ilom.py -s address@hidden -p changeme
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/Crypto/Util/number.py:57: PowmInsecureWarning: Not using mpz_powm_sec.  You should rebuild using libgmp >= 5 to avoid timing attack vulnerability.
  _warn("Not using mpz_powm_sec.  You should rebuild using libgmp >= 5 to avoid timing attack vulnerability.", PowmInsecureWarning)
address@hidden Executing task 'ilom_get_mac'
address@hidden run: show /System ilom_mac_address
INFO:paramiko.transport:Connected (version 2.0, client OpenSSH_5.1)
INFO:paramiko.transport:Authentication (keyboard-interactive) successful!
INFO:paramiko.transport:Secsh channel 1 opened.
address@hidden out: shell: Invalid credentials
address@hidden out:
address@hidden out:
address@hidden out:

Disconnecting from ca-dev33m... done.
shell: Invalid credentials

From here: https://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.openssh-dev/tree/browse_frm/month/2009-07?_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmailing.unix.openssh-dev%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fmonth%2F2009-07%3F&

It may related to the buffersize? How can I enlarge the buffersize for fabric?

I tried env.linewise=True, it doesn't help.

I will continue debugging on it.

Thanks,

Zhigang

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote: