fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Parallelization... Very Confused

From: Stephen Rosen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric Parallelization... Very Confused
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 16:08:41 -0500

As a point of curiosity following up on this, will Fabric 2.0 also use multiprocessing? I know the plan is to use env to pass data between processes, but that suggests to me that all access to env will be protected by a Big Fat lock. Multithreading as an option would let users rely on lighter weight synchronization.

Also, is there a place where the roadmap for Fabric 2.0 is laid out? I'm just wondering what Mr. Forcier's Master Plan involves.