fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Strange behaviour with key based SSH login

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Strange behaviour with key based SSH login
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 08:50:39 -0700

You may also be seeing a permutation of this issue:

http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.6/faq.html#i-m-sometimes-incorrectly-asked-for-a-passphrase-instead-of-a-password

in which case you might try using your key's passphrase to see if it's
erroneously prompting for that instead.

Alternately, activate logging (in fabfile module level, 'import
logging; logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG)' or similar) and see
what Paramiko is saying about key exchange. You may only have ECDSA
keys available from the server, which Paramiko doesn't support yet (in
progress) or some other sort of cipher disagreement / mismatch.