fab-user

[Fab-user] help passing a hashed password

From: Tim Burby
Subject: [Fab-user] help passing a hashed password
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:42:54 -0700

Hi All,
I am new to fabric but I'm really appreciating the power. I'm a middling sys
admin with sudden responsibility for about 50 servers. the Environment is
currently handled machine by machine for authentication. How can I pass a
hashed password to either useradd or usermod?
I tried sudo("usermod -p 'wholebunchofhashstuff' jsmith") and sudo("usermod -p
\'wholebunchofhashstuff\' jsmith" but both have failed. and would there  be a
way to pass the hash in from a command option? I've combed the web as best as I
can but pure sys admin examples are never as full as I'd like.

Thanks

Tim