fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Can't PUT (with use_sudo=True) to /etc/xxx?

From: Christian Vest Hansen
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Can't PUT (with use_sudo=True) to /etc/xxx?
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 23:22:34 +0200

Could it be that you don't have permission to write to the "temporary location", whatever it is?

For reference:
http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.6/api/core/operations.html#fabric.operations.put

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Marshel Helsper <address@hidden> wrote:
It should work unless even root doesn't have write permissions to the remote path. Try doing the sudo piece manually to see. Put the file on the remote system in some temporary path and then use sudo with the mv command.

Maybe remote into the system itself and try to move something into that remote path to see if the balks at you.

Thanks,

Marshel Helsper
QA/Release Engineer
NetProspex Inc.