fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Can't find in the docs, return codes

From: Eric Brunson
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Can't find in the docs, return codes
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 16:32:24 -0600

That's definitely it, I wasn't reading closely enough.

What threw me off that I checked the type of the object returned by run() and the looked at pydoc for fabric.operations._AttributeString. I thought it would have included the class attributes and methods defined in the module, but only saw the methods inherited from string.

Looking at operations.py I now see that they're added dynamically so wouldn't show up in the pydoc. If I do a dir(result) I can see them.

Thanks for pointing that out.