fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fab-user Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4

From: Jack Knight
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fab-user Digest, Vol 66, Issue 4
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:20:12 +0000

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Naim Shahidan <address@hidden>wrote:

> my aims is to ssh from one server to another without using authorized_keys
> and interactive ssh. So when ssh to another server, i can possibly execute
> another ssh command to another host without any password prompt. I also
> will provide env.passwords and env.hosts.
>

> so is like this:
>

> 1.) call run() to ssh to server A
>
> 2.) from server A, i need to call another function to execute ssh to
> server B. password for server B is inside env.password
>

> sorry to give blur information, im quiet new to Fabric.
>
> regards,
> Naim S.

It's more of an SSH thing than a Fabric thing. You can "chain" ssh commands
together across a number of machines if you want, though I'd suggest that under
normal circumstances a single bastion host should suffice.

Something like:

ssh bastion_hostname -t -o "ProxyCommand  nc -q0
target_host_behind_restrictive_firewall  22"

should work (note the use of netcat here to redirect I/O). If you can get ssh
to work standalone, fab should be OK. You might also want to consider using ssh
config files to tidy up the commands a little. Just google for "ssh chaining".

Good luck.

If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate
that information
and upon reception, permanently delete the original and destroy any copies.
Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus
or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which
they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Unibet
for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.