fab-user

[Fab-user] New to fabric (deploying authorized_keys, ....)

From: Thomas Güttler
Subject: [Fab-user] New to fabric (deploying authorized_keys, ....)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 09:46:07 +0200

Hi,

I am new to fabric, but I know SSH and python for some years.

How do you install the ssh public key (.ssh/authorized_keys) on the remote host?
I guess you use fabric....

We are about 10 developers and have some systems to manage (less then hundred).

Of course I want to use ssh public key auth, and not type in the password every
time.
I am unsure if I should use one public/private key pair for all systems, or if
I should use a key for every system.

One key pair would be more easy. But everyone how has access to this key can
connect
to all systems ... not secure....

How do you handle this?

I could not find the requirements on the remote host. I opened a bug report:

  https://github.com/fabric/fabric/issues/973

For give me, if I am blind....

Do I need to install python, bash, fabric, paramiko, ... on the remote host?

Regards,
  Thomas