fab-user

[Fab-user] Single tasks, 2 servers

From: Lorenzo Bivens
Subject: [Fab-user] Single tasks, 2 servers
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:21:30 -0400

Hi,

I need to run a task that involves running commands in two separate servers.
The task is to open a listener on the fixed host and receive a stream of data from the list of servers.

The idea I have is to do something like: (loose syntax ahead )
@task
def data_transfer():
server_list = ls_servers()

execute(start_listening, hosts=listener)
execute(start_sending, hosts=server_list)

Obviously the task is going to stop on the first execute statement until it is doneā€¦
Is there a way to put it in the background and jump to the next execute statement?

Thanks!

--
Lorenzo Bivens - Lucera DevOps Team
cel: (646) 203 1754 | support: (855) 551-2708