fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] can't use /bin/bash -l -c or /bin/su -c

From: julien silverston
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] can't use /bin/bash -l -c or /bin/su -c
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:19:22 -0500

Hello Ronan,

You're right, works fine.

But without bash I'm losing Fabric killer features :

I mean, can't use anymore :

"with cd"
sudo('command xx | command yy')
sudo('echo xxx > /etc/X.conf')
or fabric.contrib llike append despite using shell=False

Do you know any workaround ?

Thnak you

Julien

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Ronan Amicel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Julien,

Have you tried using the "shell" argument to disable shell wrapping? e.g.

    sudo('uptime', shell=False)

See http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.7/api/core/operations.html#fabric.operations.run

Regards,

Ronan Amicel