fab-user

[Fab-user] HPN Patch

From: Jeff Dyke
Subject: [Fab-user] HPN Patch
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 23:14:41 -0500

I am running ubuntu 12.04 LTS, i'm wondering, for file copies and other LAN communications - but really only matters for large file copies, if i can use the HPN patch acquired(loosely) via:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:w-rouesnel/openssh-hpn

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install openssh-server -y

echo "

HPNDisabled no

TcpRcvBufPoll yes

HPNBufferSize 8192

NoneEnabled yes

" > /etc/ssh/sshd_config
sudo service ssh restart

Obviously i can call local("scp -o NoneSwitch=yes -o NoneEnabled=yes source destination:"), but it would be nice to call put() somehow. I realize if i parallel this task it will become i/o bound, but am more curious about if its possible within fabric to override these SSH options.  I see i can supply a default .ssh/sshd_config file, perhaps the magic lays there.

Thanks.  If i've missed something obvious feel free to point me at http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fabric+put+cipherless+copy (or similar), but didn't find it quickly.

Jeff