fab-user

[Fab-user] Remote ssh password

From: Geir Engebakken
Subject: [Fab-user] Remote ssh password
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:44:00 +0000

We are interested in using fabric to run remote commands for setting up keyless login from one remote server1 to another server2 . This implies that we need to supply a password for the user on server2 when running the remote fabric command on server1 , any idea how we can accomplish this?

The actual command we want to run remotely on server1  is :

ssh address@hidden  'umask 077; test -d .ssh || mkdir .ssh ; chmod 700 .;cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys'

Of course the actual running of the command on server1 is set up with keyless login on beforehand.

Geir