fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Problems with 'git pull' and key authentication through C

From: Manuel Gonzalez
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Problems with 'git pull' and key authentication through Cron Jobs
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 14:48:34 -0400

Thank you for your answer Jeff.  I will find another approach.

On Mar 25, 2014 2:40 PM, "Jeff Forcier" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Manuel,

The problem here is (probably) that your cron job has no agent to
forward - cron jobs run in a very limited environment that looks
nothing like a regular user's login environment.

You'll need to find some way of getting your remote server access to a
key it can use to talk to your Git host - a passphraseless "for
headless tooling" key pair, or an IP whitelist on your Git host, or
whatever.

This isn't something we can necessarily help with though as it is not
Fabric specific :) Good luck!

-Jeff