fab-user

[Fab-user] Issues with "local" and salt

From: Lalit Jain
Subject: [Fab-user] Issues with "local" and salt
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 14:00:58 -0600

Hi All

I'm using fabric+salt to deploy several ec2 instances. I'm trying to run the following line in my fabfile:

local("sudo salt 'master-as-minion' test.ping")

The command "sudo salt 'master-as-minion' test.ping" works fine in the command line but the fabfile does not print any output.

The output should look like:

master-as-minion:
    True

but the fab file prints (with paramiko turned on):

[localhost] local: sudo salt 'master-as-minion' test.ping

Done.
DEBUG:paramiko.transport:EOF in transport thread
DEBUG:paramiko.transport:EOF in transport thread
Disconnecting from localhost... done.

I'd be happy to provide any more information that could be used to debug this.

Lalit