fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Can't save output to a CSV file if running task in parall

From: Brandon Whaley
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Can't save output to a CSV file if running task in parallel
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:10:44 +0000

Parallel uses multiprocessing, so you're opening output.csv in write mode once per host.  You'll need to have a master task consolidate the return values of your parallel subtask (use execute) and write the csv once everything is done.  Remember that execute returns a dictionary whose keys are the host_strings of each host and the values are the return value of the function you're executing.