fab-user

[Fab-user] Redirecting fab output truncates lines

From: Geir Engebakken
Subject: [Fab-user] Redirecting fab output truncates lines
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:38:47 +0000

I am trying to get a listing of the output from fab –list into a file, but it seems to truncate the line length to 80 characters, so the captured output looks like this :

    econfluence.create_new_confluence_user   Create a new confluence user in ...

    econfluence.delete_confluence_user       Delete a confluence user in crow...

As I would like to get the docstring text also this is annoying. I have tried setting COLUMNS env variable, but that doesn’t work. Any idea whats happening, and how to get full lines to the file?

Geir