fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Finding Fabric 2.0 alpha?

From: Chris Withers
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Finding Fabric 2.0 alpha?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 11:48:08 +0000

On 12/11/2015 23:00, Nick Timkovich wrote:
I saw a post from September that said an alpha of 2.0 would be out "by the end of the month"; is it? Where can I find it? Python 3 support is a requirement for me. It looks like there's a fabric3 port on pip, but I'm not sure how supported it is.
The port doesn't have any distributions on pypi, which means it won't work with modern tool.
I've pinged Mathias to ask what's preventing that. The git repo looks pretty up to date...
The fabric website says it needed a "major overhaul" (apparently back at 1.6), so is there some major deficiency with the (apparently mostly syntax/string type changes) fabric3 Python 3 fork? New code is great and all, but code that's done is better :P
I wonder what's outstanding for that?

Chris