fab-user

[Fab-user] issue with fab command on remote system

From: Bader, Robert (Bob Bader)
Subject: [Fab-user] issue with fab command on remote system
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:31:46 +0000

Hi,

First off I am new to fab, another admin showed me it’s power and I am just trying to run some commands to get output from a remote system.

My fabfile is

**************
from fabric.api import *
import time

env.shell=''

def  storage_system_commands():

run('rows -0')
run('storage failover show')
run('storage disk show -disk * -fields path-link-errors')
run('storage disk show -spare')

*************

this works as expected and I get my required output. But then I add the command:
run('node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r')
************** newfab file ***********
from fabric.api import *
import time

env.shell=''

def  storage_system_commands():

run('rows -0')
run('storage failover show')
run('storage disk show -disk * -fields path-link-errors')
run('storage disk show -spare')
run('node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r')
********

I get

  ********
Fatal error: run() received nonzero return code 255 while executing!

Requested: node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r
Executed: "node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r"

None

Aborting.
run() received nonzero return code 255 while executing!

Requested: node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r
Executed: "node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r"

None

** ********

 but if I run the command directly on the storage system itself, it works perfectly, and all the other commands work

 Could fab have an issue with the contents of the command I am trying to run? maybe the run part?

 I also get this output in my output file

[ storage_system.domain.org] run: "node run -node  storage_system-01 -command aggr status -r"
[ storage_system.domain.org] out: ?
[ storage_system.domain.org] out: Error: "run" is not a recognized command
[ storage_system.domain.org] out:
[ storage_system.domain.org] out:

Disconnecting from  storage_system.domain.org... done.

Thanks for any assistance