fab-user

[Fab-user] Put gives me access denied on Windows

From: Matthew Gusenius
Subject: [Fab-user] Put gives me access denied on Windows
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 18:22:40 +0000

I am trying to get a Fabric Script to “put” a file on a Windows system. I have installed OpenSSHd on this system and I have successfully run many functions from Fabric, but Put will always give a permission error.

My fabfile code follows:

def install_Builds_L():

env.user = 'Administrator'

              env.password = 'passwd'

              env.warn_only = True

              prompt('Enter the path to the install files: ', 'inst_path', default='C:\Fabric\Builds')

              with lcd (env.inst_path):

                            run('cmd /c md C:\\fabric_upload', shell=False)

                             put(‘build*’, 'C:\\fabric_upload')

The output will be put() encountered an exception of Permission Denied.  Here is the –show=debug output

  File "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\paramiko\sftp_client.py", line 805, in _co

nvert_status

    raise IOError(errno.EACCES, text)

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

Done.

Disconnecting from address@hidden done.

Disconnecting from 172.16.7.130... done.

I don’t understand the Errno 13 from paramiko…my user is the creator of the folder and has full control over it. FreeSSHd is using NT authentication so I am actually logging on as the local Administrator account. I’ve been working around this by mapping network shares and copying them over, but then every time I run a script on Linux I get annoyed at how easy it is since I can just use the Put function.

I’ve been chewing on this for quite a while now. Any help would be appreciated.

Western Digital Corporation (and its subsidiaries) E-mail Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or legally privileged information of WDC and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.