fab-user

[Fab-user] fab file run/ openshell commands fail at modified shell

From: KESHAV SHRIVASTAVA
Subject: [Fab-user] fab file run/ openshell commands fail at modified shell
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:23:40 +0530

Hi Fab gurus,

Hope you all are doing well!

Fabfile has served me well on multiple linux hosts, but I am stuck here with a specific host from Sonus which probably has modified shell and thus there's a small delay after logging into the shell and I see that there's no response for my commands.

I have tried using both run and open_shell variants and command options like --no-pty and --linewise but I am not sure what's the root cause and fix for solving the fabfile problem with modified shell. Any guidance here will be very much helpful.

See below output from interaction:

address@hidden ~]$ fab -f ~/script/Sonus.py lab test
[sonus.lab.com] Executing task 'test'
[sonus.lab.com] run: date
[sonus.lab.com] out: Unauthorized access to this system is forbidden by; "The Team."  Any unauthorized access; is punishable by; "The Team!!!!!."
[sonus.lab.com] out: admin connected from 10.X.Y.Z using ssh on Sonuss
[sonus.lab.com] out: Your last successful login was at 2016-10-12 7:24:10
[sonus.lab.com] out: Your last successful login was from 10.X.Y.Z
[sonus.lab.com] out: address@hidden> exit

Done.
Disconnecting from sonus.lab.com... done.

Thanks & Regards,

Keshav Shrivastava