fab-user

[Fab-user] Timeout opening channel with fabric 1.13.2

From: Rob Marshall
Subject: [Fab-user] Timeout opening channel with fabric 1.13.2
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 11:31:31 -0400

Hi,

I have a "wrapper" for Fabric 1.13.2 that I use to make running fabric
commands a little easier in some senses. I can setup an object that
has the host_string, etc., all setup when I instantiate the object.
I'm attempting to use it to run multiple processes simultaneously on
multiple hosts. This seems to work fine for some things, but I'm
running into a problem with a particular command that I seem to be
able to run just fine by itself, i.e. not using multiprocessing, but
that gets a connection timeout when being run via
multiprocess.pool.apply_async(). Is there a known issue with running
Fabric with multiprocessing pools?

Thanks,

Rob