fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Using reboot in a fabfile

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Using reboot in a fabfile
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 09:16:00 -0700

Hi Dan,

Can you post your entire fabfile (with anything sensitive removed, and including import statements) on, say, gist.github.com or dpaste.com? The example in the email itself has a handful of issues but seeing the whole thing will make some of them clearer :)

I can definitely say that if your post below is literal, your first issue is you probably aren't actually calling `reboot` because there's no parentheses after it! (`reboot` vs `reboot()`) - but depending on your imports, once you fix that you'll probably have a few more problems besides...

Here's what you are _probably_ going for, by the way:

```
from fabric.api import task, reboot as builtin_reboot

@task
def reboot():
  with hide("everything"), show("stderr"):
    builtin_reboot()
```

(With option to name your task something besides `reboot`, and then not doing the `import x as y` form when importing the builtin.)

Best,
Jeff