fab-user

fail to use gateway within tasks file

From: Vu Ngoc VU
Subject: fail to use gateway within tasks file
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 11:39:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm new to Python and Fabric and my main goal is to adopt python to convert my
shell scripts for administrative tasks on remote servers via SSH.

After some tryouts of subprocess which I found not really handy, I've decided
to test Fabric.

So, if I understood well, Fabric 2+ is a complete rewrite and that implies many
changes in code and configuration for the users.

I've found several tutorials and examples about how to use a gateway/bastion on
the web but still fail to put that in my fabfile.py.

Following the documentation at fabfile.org I've successfully run commands on
target servers via my bastion machine.

But I have no idea how to write a proper fabfile.py or its configuration file
to use a gateway for specific target hosts.

Could someone kindly give me examples please?

--
Vu~