fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] A basic C++ question probably

From: Eddie Carle
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] A basic C++ question probably
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 23:40:54 -0700

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 16:36 +1030, address@hidden wrote:
>             fin.open("default");
>         }
>
>         wchar_t ch;
>         while (fin.get(ch)) {
>             out << ch;
>         }
>         fin.close();

Just a not that this little nugget of code could be expedited with a
convenient little helper function in the Fcgistream class. Check out the
dump function in...

http://www.nongnu.org/fastcgipp/doc/2.0beta/classFastcgipp_1_1Fcgistream.html

> std::wifstream fin;
> if (environment.queryString.size > 0) {
>     std::string incfile = environment.queryString;
> }
> else {
>     std::string incfile = "default";
> }
>
> fin.open(incfile.c_str);

I'm going to assume this is where all your hassle is coming from. You
are entering into a realm of the C++ language that few have ventured
into. Locales, wide characters and code conversion is a bizarre side of
the standard library. You'll have trouble finding people who have
experience with it.

If you don't really need Unicode support in this application at this
point I would suggest dumping all the wchar_t and wstring stuff from it.
Everything is templated to work perfectly well with normal characters.
Change your class Echo: public Fastcgipp::Request<wchar_t> declaration
to class Echo: public Fastcgipp::Request<char> and get rid of all your
references to wchar_t and wstring. Things will then start working more
as you would expect them to.

If you want to work with the code conversion stuff and so on I would
check out Langer and Kreft "Standard C++ Iostreams and Locales".
Otherwise it's a tad too complicated to delve into in on a mailing list.

Good luck :)
--
        Eddie Carle

        This message has been signed with an RFC4880 signature. It is
        guaranteed to have originated from Eddie Carle and its contents
        can be validated against its signature.