fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] fcgi++-2.0 - "Hello World" example on Ubuntu 11.10

From: Eddie Carle
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] fcgi++-2.0 - "Hello World" example on Ubuntu 11.10
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:51:03 -0600

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 14:40 +0200, Goran wrote:
> I compile the the "Hello World" example without any error:
>
> g++ test.cc -lfastcgipp -lboost_thread-mt
>
> I start the example without any error:
>
> sudo ./a.out
>
> But when start my web browser with:
>
> http://localhost
>
> I got an error that the webiste can not be reached. The command:
>
> lsof -i shows no open port
>
> What is going wrong?

Hi Goran.

Keep in mind that fastcgi++ does not create an actual web server.
FastCGI is a web server to application communication protocol. You still
need a web server like apache, lighttpd or nginx. Most of the
documentation doesn't explicitly mention this, it just assumes you are
familiar with what FastCGI is. You may want to read up on how to set up
FastCGI applications with your favourite web server. Apache seems to be
the easiest so may be a good place to start.
--
        Eddie Carle