femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp examples
Date: 17 Sep 2007 19:58:36 +0200

"Jason Sidabras" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been working with femlisp for a week and using it as a learning
> tool for lisp. Over this period of time I have gotten used to working
> in the CLOS environment of lisp and a little bit of the lisp
> structure. I've come from a mainly python background which might have
> helped this transition.
>
> I am looking for some examples for femlisp to learn from, setting up
> domains and problems: Specifically I would like to build a simulation
> with two 2d domains. Domain_2 would be a subset of Domain_1 and have
> different properties.

Hello Jason,

you might look at the file
#p"femlisp:src;application;domains;inlay-domain.lisp" (especially the
functions n-cell-with-cubic-inlay and n-cube-with-ball-inlay) Maybe this
does already something similar to what you want. (Those domains are used in
the homogenization demos where effective properties are computed.)
Otherwise you should describe your situation more precisely.

> Also I have played around with triangle, but it seems the functions
> associated with femlisp;src;mesh;triangle.lisp aren't accessible from
> my command line under fl.mesh.

If you have irregular domains, then Triangle will probably be necessary.
Please check, that the program is installed correctly with 'make triangle'.
(Probably you will have to change the file
#p"femlisp:src;external;triangle/makefile" to compile without the -DLINUX
switch.)

> I am using sbcl 1.0.5 on MacOSX, femlisp 0.9.9.
>
> Thank you,
> Jason

Yours, Nicolas